The two-story building located at 401 Poyntz was erected in 1905, it has been a commercially occupied staple in the downtown district for over a century.
The renovations that took place at 401 Poyntz ensure that the history behind the building remains intact. The storefront received new modern windows to allow for the intake of natural light. The suspended ceiling was removed in order to reveal the original trim and moldings above it. Multiple interior walls were removed that were likely added in 1970 restoring the building back to its original footprint.
When construction was complete, the building had transformed to four retail spaces on the ground floor, one of which is occupied by Gaia Salon. The second-floor houses six commercial offices and two residential apartments.